Monday, October 22, 2012

As it seems to do lately, life just keeps flying by. 

We're well into October (Hello! My birthday month!  Feel free to send presents) and this is the first time I've had to myself to sit down and blog anything. And at 1:15 a.m. no less. 


The Boy is thriving in kindergarten.   He's made friends, loves his teacher, thinks P.E. is awesome.   We had a few moments of worry about another student on his bus initially, but he worked through that problem with a grace and maturity that most fully grown adults lack.   

Our mornings have settled into a wonderful routine.   After dinner, lunch is packed for the next day and placed in the fridge.   We look at the lunch offerings and he chooses the school hot lunch one day a week.  Clothes are picked and placed on a special bedroom chair for  easy changing the next morning.   A story is read each night at 7 p.m.  By 7:30 it's lights out.   Because everything is prepared the night before, our mornings tend to run smoothly.  We have a little hiccup now and then, but thus far we seem to have this getting-to-public-school-on-time thing down. 

We even carve out a bit of space for this:




Yes, we're doing a kindergarten picture a day - these are just some of them.   Totally his idea. I particularly like Day 26.  It was a Monday.

Sometimes I remember to pull out the fancy camera.  Sometimes I grab a quick shot with my camera or ipad.  We change the number on the chalk board each night so it's not one more thing we're trying to remember in the morning.   My plan at the end of the school year is to create a photo book using Mixbook or Shutterfly.  Cool present for the grandparents, no? 

 I'm working (contemplating) getting back into the blogging habit.   It seems like the world rushed by at break neck pace this summer and I just didn't have enough hours in the day.

Until I see you all here again,
Simple Mama

2 comments:

  1. oh, this is so cute! I may have to steal this idea for my son. We're homeschooling and this is a great idea for "school" pictures!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete